When it comes time to replace the windows in your St. Paul home, Twin Cities Zen Windows has you covered! We have a wide variety of window styles, colors and materials so you can have just the windows you want to match your homes architecture and add curb appeal, security and value. You will also enjoy more comfortable and consistent temperatures throughout your home while saving on energy costs.
Types of Windows
There are eight types of replacement windows in St. Paul:
1. Single Hung – fixed upper sash; lower sash moves up & down.
2. Double Hung – both upper and lower sashes move up and down.
3. Slider – similar to double hungs but opens horizontally for a wider view.
4. Casement – fully opens out from the side on hinges; thermally efficient; extremely difficult to break into; popular above sinks & countertops.
5. Awning – opens out from top hinges; popular for basements.
6. Picture – fixed window; primarily intended for light.
7. Bay/Bow – three-dimensional; adds space, light and viewing area; bay windows are more angular; bow windows are more curved.
8. Garden – extends outward from your home; sloped glass roof for quick water runoff ; allows more sunlight to stream in; popular for indoor patios and garden rooms.
Watch our videos to see what Zen windows can do for you.
Our manufacturing partner Soft-Lite Windows manufactures all our windows. Each one has a National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC) label that measures energy efficiency. This is the only measurement system accepted by the U.S. Department of Energys Energy Star program. You will be glad to know that Soft-Lite has been recognized for highly energy-efficient window design and construction. In fact, Soft-Lite was named the 2014, 2015 and 2016 Energy Star Partner of the Year by the EPA.
Have More Questions?
See our windows Q&A page for answers to the questions that homeowners most frequently ask about replacement windows in St. Paul. Then request a quote from us. We are looking forward to hearing from you and we promise to send you an email within one business day giving you that quote.