Double-Hung Windows in Minneapolis
Classic Style With Modern Energy Efficiency
Double-hung windows have been adding character to Twin Cities homes for years. As one of the most popular replacement window choices, double-hung windows from Zen Windows Twin Cities can be used in nearly every style of home, from traditional to contemporary.
Zen Windows Twin Cities is the premier window replacement company in the greater Minneapolis area. We pride ourselves on making the replacement window process as smooth as possible, and everything we do is driven by one goal: your satisfaction.
Our customers tell us they never dreamed that replacing their windows could be so stress-free. We’re standing by to provide the same exceptional service for all your double-hung window needs.
What Makes Double-Hung Windows So Popular?
Easy to operate and clean, double-hung windows are the window of choice for millions of homeowners when enhancing their home’s curb appeal. What makes them so popular?
- They’re classic: Double-hungs have an extensive history in the U.S. and abroad. They provide a timeless look yet can be customized to reflect your unique style.
- Endless options: Our replacement windows come in various colors, including woodgrain. You can also choose from grid pattern styles like Colonial, Half-Colonial, Prairie, and Plaza.
- Easy use and care: The two operable sashes on double-hung windows mean you can open them from the top and bottom, making cleaning a breeze.
Looking for high-quality double-hung windows for your Minneapolis home?
Single-Hung vs. Double-Hung Windows
Single- and double-hung windows look similar from a distance, as they both have upper and lower sashes. The key difference is that because a single-hung window’s upper sash is fixed in place, you can only move the bottom sash up and down. Double-hung windows have two operable sashes you can move up and down to control ventilation.
Other differentiators include:
- Cost: Because double-hung windows have more moving parts, they tend to be slightly higher in cost than single-hung windows.
- Indoor air quality: Because you can open both sashes, your home generally gets better ventilation with double-hung windows.
- Energy savings: Featuring low air leakage and resistance to condensation, Zen Windows’ ENERGY STAR® award-winning replacement windows offer incredible energy efficiency, particularly our double- and triple-paned models, which feature gas insulation between the panes.
No matter which style of double-hung window you choose, expert installation ensures your windows operate with optimal energy efficiency.
Replace Your Windows With Double-Hung Windows From Zen Windows Twin Cities
No other replacement window company in the greater Minneapolis area makes replacing your home’s windows more straightforward and stress-free.
- Zero-hassle quotes
- Lower prices
- Lifetime warranties
- Direct access to the owner
- Competitive financing options
Benefits of Replacing Multiple Double-Hung Windows at Once
The top three reasons homeowners replace their windows are curb appeal, window function, and interior aesthetics. While many believe it’s less expensive to replace only problem windows, the truth is it’s often more cost-effective to have all your windows replaced at the same time.
Depending on your budget, you might consider doing it in phases, one level or side of the house at a time.
Ready to enjoy all the benefits of double-hung windows in your Minneapolis home?
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently asked questions we receive about double-hung windows include:
How long do double-hung windows last?
High-quality double-hung windows, with proper installation, last an average of 15–20 years. Low-quality window materials will last as little as seven years.
Do double-hung windows provide good ventilation?
A major advantage of double-hung windows is increased ventilation. Double-hung windows offer two sashes, one on the top and one on the bottom. This allows warm air to escape through the top and cool air to enter through the bottom, providing natural ventilation.
Are double-hung windows easy to open?
Double-hung windows are easy to open and simple to operate. You can pull down the top sash, pull up the bottom sash, or both.
Can I install double-hung windows throughout my whole home?
Double-hung windows are appropriate for any room. They offer increased ventilation and natural sunlight. Double-hung windows are commonly installed in the kitchen, bedrooms, living room, and bathroom.